Wow, a lot happens in two years. I’m excited to start keeping up on this blog again, and there’s lots – I mean LOTS – to catch up on.
The Cole’s notes version:
- The biggest change – I left my marriage of 14 years shortly after the last few posts on this blog. Um, yeah, pretty big change there. I won’t get into all the reasons, but I will say it was the right thing to do for me and for my now-ex.
- I LOVE living on my own. I mean, I have my kids living with me, but aside from a year or two in my early twenties, I have never been solely responsible for my own bills and my own household. This is everything I had hoped for. Right now I rent a townhouse (so the direction of my other design blog is up in the air!) and I love it but I am in a community that is a little far from where I want to be, so I am currently looking at moving. I’m sure I’ll be writing about that in future blog posts.
- I have changed a lot and learned a lot about myself. Some things I’m pleasantly surprised about. Some not so much. But hey, life is all about growth and change, right? People tell me often that I’m strong, amazing, smart…blah, blah, blah. At the end of the day I just want to be happy. In some areas of my life, I’m very happy. Some others I need to work on.
- I have a teenager and a pre-teen now. Yeah, yikes.
- And of course this means I’m SINGLE. OMG. And it is not like I expected AT ALL. I’ve met some super amazing guys, and some man-children. And I have realized that my “perfect guy” is not what I expected.
What’s next for this blog?
So here’s how this blog is going to go. I’ll tell all about what I’m into: music, yoga, running, trying new stuff, having fun, my kids, my career, and yes, even some decorating stuff. Some things I will not talk about: specifics about my ex. He’s a very private person to begin with, and our relationship has been through a lot of ups and downs over the last two years. There is a lot of anger still between us and that part is not up for discussion on this blog. So don’t ask!
Some of my social media links
I’m not as active on my Twitter, although I try to check in. I think my interests have changed so I need to edit the people I’m following and clean up my lists.
I’m still pinning on Pinterest. Clothes, home design, and some quirkier boards like neon signs, funny stuff, and eye candy.
I’m also new to Instagram. I’ll share more photos. Check me out.
The Girl is excited to be back! Stay with me, I promise you won’t be bored. 😉